Older youth, typically ages 8 and older, tend to stay in care longer, are less likely to be adopted, and often move from foster care to residential care. This is a full-day, in-person training on strategies and techniques to increase the numbers of adoptions of older in foster care. The course, taught by a nationally prominent expert on older youth adoption, is offered at your agency location and is presented in these sections:
- The national and your local data on adoption of older youth in care
- The Myths and Stereotypes associated with Older Foster Youth
- Characteristics of Adults who Adopt Older Youth
- Characteristics of Older Youth seeking Adoption
- Getting Passed the “NO!” among Older Youth in Care
- Basic and Innovative Strategies to Identify Excellent Adoption Matches
- Pre- and Post-Adoptive Factors that can Disrupt an Adoption
- Pre- and Post-Adoptive Factors that can Bolster Success in an Adoption
The course includes sensitive and safe interactive components that encourage participants to use observations, questions, and strategies when facilitating adoption of older youth. Background resources are provided.
This course is on sale for over 33% off during Adoption month (November 2017)!
The sale price includes our trainer’s fee and all travel and training expenses. To get more information and secure this 33% off sale price, please contact us at info@DownsConsultingGroup.com no later than October 31, 2017.