Youth in substitute care seem to benefit significantly from clearly identified and dedicated adult mentors. This is a full-day, in-person training on strategies and techniques to increase the numbers and quality of mentors for youth. It also provides helpful resources on helping youth understand how mentors can be helpful in their lives. The course, taught by a nationally prominent expert on older youth mentoring, is offered at your agency location and is presented in these sections:
- Who is a mentor? What types, sizes and shapes do mentors come in?
- Distinguishing characteristics of very good mentors
- What are the circumstances of successful mentoring?
- When mentoring fails: the booby traps and potholes
- The agency’s role in supporting quality mentor-youth relationships
- Attracting high quality mentors to your agency
- The care and nurturance of your mentor corps
This highly interactive and fun course encourage participants to use a variety of observations, questions, and strategies for creating, enhancing or rebuilding a successful mentoring program.
This course is on sale for over 33% off during Mentoring month (January 2018)!
The sale price includes our trainer’s fee and all travel and training expenses. To get more information and secure this 33% off sale price, please contact us at info@DownsConsultingGroup.com no later than January 31, 2018.