Professionals who work with vulnerable youth often share these features:
- They care very much about the youth they serve
- They work very hard, often with long hours
- They are typically burdened with heavy recording and documentation requirements
- They sometimes see success but often they are met with less optimal outcomes
- They rarely have access to recently published research since most journals are expensive and difficult to retrieve
- They rarely if ever have time to read recent research findings
- They rarely understand the often complex research and statistics presented in articles they do retrieve
We at the Downs Group LLC are blessed with staff and Associates who
- Regularly read recently published research in child welfare, pediatrics, education, and psychology
- Understand complicated research designs and complex statistical results
- Can take dense research studies and transform them into simple, easy-to-understand digests
The purpose of these “Research You Can Use” articles is to identify important recent research, distill the essential research approach and findings into understandable format (while remaining faithful to the original design and statistics used), and lay out the implications for professionals working with youth.
We hope you find these research digests helpful in your work!